Thursday, December 1, 2011

Other people's stuff

(Closet visit)
(Closet visit)

I love blogs where you can peek at other people's stuff. Outfits, homes, closets, etc. And the ones invariably titled, "What's in my bag/purse."  There is, I admit, a definite voyeuristic component,  but I think it relates more to wanting to passively absorb something into your life just by looking. Do I like every one elses stuff?  No, not necessarily. Do I sometimes admire how efficient or excessive one's belongings can amount to?  Definitely. I think it has to do more with wanting to have an overall character to the totality of your "stuff," a collection of things that tells a story, as opposed to the frivolity of the individual pieces themselves.

Oh, and I love a good Top 5 Must haves list. But that's for another day.

My favorite sites, in no particular order:

The Selby
The Coveteur
Closet Visit
Bluefly closet confessions (esp. Bethenny Frankel's video)
Elle decor celebrity closets
I am packed
The Sartorialist (duh, of course =))



No comments:

Post a Comment