Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Consignment 101


(stubbs & wootton)

Yesterday, I had my first foray into consigning items from my closet. They took from me:

1 Theory dress
1 Theory pant
1 Calypso sweater
1 White & Warren sweater

Hopefully these pieces sell and I will get a nice check in the mail soon. I also discovered that since items rotate pretty frequently, my dresses that fit the bill for spring would be accepted in a couple of months, but not during peak holiday/winter season.  Back to storage they go.  Or perhaps to ebay.

On a sidenote....they didn't want my shoes!  I believe the exact quote was "too conservative, and in an unpopular size."  I'll admit, I do like my shoes flat and my foot well covered, but hey, I'm a size 6.5-7 which I thought was just a little smaller than a normal American foot! Call me below average or below par, but not unpopular or unlikeable!  My feet are sad and insulted, but still fashionably attired.



No comments:

Post a Comment